Thread: American Revolution Soldier WIP

American Revolution Soldier WIP

Thought I would take another stab at Blender's sculpting tools...

American Patriot WIP TN.jpg

General
    Looks great! I just finished up a sculpt of a 1950s Jet pilot (posting soon). It was a lot of fun. Hope you enjoyed sculpting this soldier too. Have you tried Manuel Bastoni's Lab?
    Jeff (Dayton, Ohio)
    My Works - The Aerodrome - https://theaerodrome.shutterfly.com/

Superb Mark, very inspiring work.
    You'll be doing his rifle ?

After you sculpt him do you retopo him and add subsurf modifier ?
    Are you planning to animate him ?

I made one post on this project and then completely forgot about it. I recently found it sitting around and thought I would work on it some more.

Belated answers to very old questions...

pzzs7f - Yes - the basic figure was started as a Manuel Bastoni's Lab figure. Clothing was added on top of that and bound to the Bastoni rig. Then all of the body parts under the clothing are deleted.

Kevjon - I'm done with the basic sculpting. Now I need to reduce the polygon count and use normal maps to replace the multires modifiers. I would like to have more than one figure in my scene, but my computer keeps crashing. I suspect it's because of the high poly count created by the multi-resolution modifiers. I have no plans to animate; single-frame images are more than my poor machine can handle.

Any suggestions on composition, lighting, etc would be very welcome. My idea is to have several continental soldiers waiting in ambush or fighting against somebody out of frame. The one soldier currently in the image still has many problems - particularly his hair - which is currently floating behind his head because my modifier stack was not organized properly.

Thread Information