Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: "Deceptive Website" Warning and what to do

Assassinator of Spammers cobra6's Avatar

Thumbs up "Deceptive Website" Warning and what to do

Hi guys,

As some of you might have noticed, a bunch of the spammers that register have gotten worked up enough by being denied all the time and they've reported Military-Meshes as a "Deceptive Website" to our big buddy Google.

This means we all get this lovely red warning screen if we try to visit this website and you'll have to just ignore that for now. *However* there is something important you can do to try and get this warning removed:

When you ignore this warning it gives you the option to send a report saying this website is not deceptive, it depends on your browser how/when you get it it seems.
    Please make sure you do send that report so we can get Military Meshes off this damn list!

Edit: As Emil pointed out here, it might also have to do with the lack of SSL/HTTPS on this website. I've asked Aceman if there is any way we can enable that here on MM.

Cheers,

Cobra 6
    Last edited by cobra6; 10-01-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Cobra, honestly, I really do not think it has anything to do with Spammers reporting the forum to Google. As I said I had exactly the same problem and buying an SSL certificate allowing the forum to be accessed over the encrypted "HTTPS" solved the problem completely. It's is 100% Googles' way of forcing all websites to comply with this safer connection type. It costs around the 40 mark (a year), but my server added it for free... So see if it can be arranged through MilMeshes host...

So now this forum is listed as Dangerous and you have to switch off all websafe and virus safe settings on your router or internet service supplier to even be allowed to access the forum. For a while now too. This is how a forum essentially dies. To many people cannot get access and are scared by what their browesers are telling them...

Quote Originally Posted by Emil JaBo View Post
    So now this forum is listed as Dangerous and you have to switch off all websafe and virus safe settings on your router or internet service supplier to even be allowed to access the forum. For a while now too. This is how a forum essentially dies. To many people cannot get access and are scared by what their browesers are telling them...
    I did contact the guy hosting the website as he needs to make changes, that is out of my hands.

However, you don't need to disable anything, just click "ignore the warnings" or whatever your browser tells you and you can access MM normally.

Cobra 6

Cobra, trust me. I had to disable my internet service providers safety settings to gain acces to this forum. Before I could just "ignore warnings" etc, etc and I could get to the forum, but now it denies access completely, no links to bypass the warnings or anything. Only option is to switch off all websafe/virus safe settings on the router settings.

Wow that is extreme!

Good to know, I'll be sure to pass this on.

Cobra 6

one interesting thing to no problem with edge browser.
    There isn't any warning or something

Google Chrome there is a warning but Edge is Ok.

It depends on what default inbuilt safety precautions that are included with firstly your router (ISP) and secondly the default security settings on your browser. These all differ in severity between all ISPs and browsers. So realistically you have two security barriers depending on which ISP and browsers you use.

Some give you control over what you want to view and others simply prevent you from visiting websites that do not have certain (paid) safety certificates in place. It's a bit of a con really. Google trying to control everything as the self appointed internet masters.

We know Edge is Ok.

So do other browsers have the deceptive warning message or is it just Chrome ?

Thread Information