Thread: Bf-109 G14as

Bf-109 G14as

Little personal project that I've been working on and off for the last while. Subject matter is a Bf-109 G14as belonging to Jg77 which was found in Holland by the allies towards the end of the war.
    Just for interest I've done an old and new render with my Bf-109K that I built many moons ago.
    The old one still doesn't look too bad!

cheers

G
    Attached Images Attached Images

I've always like the "model" displays with a little base. Reminds me of when I was younger and still building plastic kits.

yeah, that's exactly why I do them, bit of nostalgia :-)

Looks awesome, really nice work.

Ex scale modeller here, actually it was Gareths post on Hyperscale that inspired me to give 3D aircraft modelling a go, way back in 2004. He had stuka model posted back then.

Excellent update to your old 109 ! I also do like how you always show your models with these display. Might I ask for any recommendation about them?

cheers Kevin, Hendrik!

For the bases I tend to try and imagine a time and place for the subject, and then build the theme around them. I find adding a bit of atmopsheric stuff like dust or spray can help gel the base and the aircraft together more and add a little bit of drama. I build them myself but I'm guessing you could go on to somwhere like Turbosquid and purchase some set dressing if you really want to go to town. Although, having said that keeping the base somewhat simple means that it doesn't start distracting from the main subject.

Assassinator of Spammers cobra6's Avatar
    Lovely little diorama mate, good to see you still doing some 3D stuff

The side by side comparison is nice as well.

Cobra 6

cheers bud! Still like to do 3d models now and then, plus I'm still doing 3d stuff for Osprey :-)

Very nice renders mate!
    I'm not entirely convinced about all the shapes, but this is a bit of a standard issue with all Bf 109 models, be it 3D or scale models. I've gone as far as to purchase a laser scan of a Gustav, so when I finally get around to modelling one (one day!) there is no more guesswork involved
    Anyway, only nitpicks like me will notice! And your old model is still nice indeed. Its major issue is the wing root, which is a bit "loose", but otherwise it holds up well after all these years.
    Good to see some new work here in any case!

PS. Are you getting my emails at all?
    Aviation Art & Photography
    www.AviationArt.aero

...also for custom prints and t-shirts
    Or find me on Facebook

Thread Information