Thread: TKS tankette

TKS tankette

I've been working on and off on this one for a while now, felt like I should post it somewhere for some extra motivation and pointers.

It's more of a mid-poly than lowpoly though, with polycount in the 80ks.
    As it stands now, scratches and dirt seem to be most of what's left.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Congrats on your first post! I see you've been with us for awhile.
    The tankette looks very cool. Unusual subject, almost cute-looking if it wasn't for that big gun.
    Aviation Art & Photography
    www.AviationArt.aero

...also for custom prints and t-shirts
    Or find me on Facebook

Thanks. Has it been this long already? Damn... I've been mostly lurking, learning from other people's work and trying to get something done that could be considered good enough to share

It looks good, you've done a nice job on the weathering too.

Maybe the worn metal areas need some of them to be rusty to show wear at different times.

Some more wear and rudimentary camo for the hull plus starting tracks, just a normalmap and alpha so far and already pretty happy with it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Assassinator of Spammers cobra6's Avatar
    These things do always look quite cute indeed and good to see you made a post with your work

I'd say it's looking really good but the textures need some fine details, at the moment all features are relatively large (and some blurry), it would benefit greatly from some finer scale details.

Cobra 6

Yeah, so far I've neglected to dirt up the hull properly. I suppose once I'm done with the tracks I should get back on that

Though, blurry? Could you point out the parts then? And a disclaimer, if it's the camo, yeah, it's bad and needs a do-over.

Assassinator of Spammers cobra6's Avatar
    For instance the silver/grey paintchipping looks blurry because it seems to lack a variation of different frequencies. As if it was all painted with the same brush.
    It's hard to explain it but you see it and think: I've got large frequency details (camo / large worn paint), mid frequency details (paint chipping on edges) but no fine details. The panels are just big empty surfaces devoid of detail.

Cobra 6

Thread Information