Capabilities Returning

Read the latest news and info that your Military-Meshes staff has to offer.
Aceman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Primary Application: Blender

Capabilities Returning

Post by Aceman »

With the migration from Vbulletin to PHPBB, several "graphic community" features have vanished. Among them are "featured" threads, and thumbnails on specific forums. I have been combing the phpbb community forums to find extensions that would restore these features. The closest thing I could find doesn't seem to work correctly on the latest version of pbpbb so that developer has been contacted.

I have identified a developer who will create the exact same capability that we had within Vbulletin for thread thumbnails, but not for free. I have indicated that I'm willing to pay, I'm just waiting on a confirmation from him. I really think that's a key feature needed for our type of community.

If you find issues, send me a PM. While we work this transition I'm on the site A LOT. So I'll see your note.

Also - promote the update/move to those within the community - and I'm going to send out a community email (to all those who registered or were active on this site within the last 2 years to advertise that we're back up and running and encourage them to come back and reregister. I have manually added that top 25 posters for the community into phpbb, but I can't do all of the 10K members registered since we started in 2004.

More soon!
Chris (Aceman)
Aceman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Primary Application: Blender

Re: Capabilities Returning

Post by Aceman »

IF you hover over the title of the thread you are interested a thumbnail of the attachment will appear now. I am still working on getting these to showup in the forum summary page like on the old forum.