Now you gone and done it!

Here's where you can talk about issues of a general nature. Please read the guidelines as to what IS and IS NOT permitted.
Aceman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Primary Application: Blender

Now you gone and done it!

Post by Aceman »

OK, so some of you may know I make a living doing multimedia development. But honestly, I don't get to do very much 3D these days. Mostly it's webpages, charts, animations (AfterEffects), etc. But the 3D stuff, well that's the BMX bike that's been sitting out back of the house for a while.

Well, thanks to my connections with the US Educational system I'm able to use 3DS Max 2023 for free. So I've decided to slap on a helmet and take the bike out for spin - you know, see where the road takes me. I'm going to start out small - but maybe just maybe I'll find myself reigniting the 3D Flame.

I think for my first project I'm going to model a Mark 48 torpedo. Just so happens that my work needs line up with my 3D itch and I think it's a relatively simple model, but I want it to be as accurate as possible so that if I want I could use it for my job as well. There is a fantastic model on TurboSquid.com , but I'd like to take a stab at it.

Wish me luck. I'll post my progress - if any - in the WIPs area.
2022-09-08_19-46-06.png
kevjon
Soldier
Primary Application: Blender

Re: Now you gone and done it!

Post by kevjon »

There a lot to learn, all the best with you journey in the 3d world. Torpedo's and bombs are good way to start.
denders
Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Primary Application: modo

Post by denders »

Go for it! Look forward to seeing your work.
Dave
Neilo92
Soldier

Post by Neilo92 »

Good luck ,I don't think you'll have too much of a problem picking it up again , sounds like you're raring to go and have the right kit to tackle an interesting project! Rock on!