Attachments
155 tapeta.jpg
Aceman
Site Admin
Site Admin
Primary Application: Blender

Re: Mig -3, winter camo

Post by Aceman »

Really incredible modeling. The angle of attack from the camera's perspective is not something my eye is used too. It's like a still taken from a movie, from the perspective of an aggressor. Not sure if that's what you were going for, but it's like the camera and the Mig are entwined in a dog fight.
cobra6
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by cobra6 »

The angle is really quite interesting to be honest, like it. It's good to see you are putting more effort into texturing and shading, that really improves the models a lot!

Now, for the image, your background has very light yellow light which is also pretty hard and sharp as well as blue mid tones, yet your plane has soft saturated yellow light.
Also, your plane has white paint on it which is very muddy/yellow compared to the intense light yellow/white of the snow, it would be good to bring these more in line. This inverted contrast makes the eyes of the viewer go to the background, not the plane.
Your light is needs to be shining much brighter as well, it's currently on a "dusk" setting while the background is certainly not.

It's good to try and match the white/blacks of your CGI to the whites/blacks of the image you are trying to integrate it in, that will make it sit better very rapidly.

Cobra 6
AwryChaos

Post by AwryChaos »

Nice rendering! Beautiful image.... The 3D modeling looks good. I'm planning on modeling a MiG-3 for my collection.
kevjon
Soldier

Post by kevjon »

A bit of different angle on the aircraft that you don't often see in aviation art.

I feel the aircraft needs stronger lighting on it to match the background image, so yep agree with Cobra